Aggressive, yet professional. Diligent, yet accessible. Results-driven, yet compassionate. These are all ways clients have described Kimberly Anderson.
Her experience as a family lawyer have prepared her to help you during some of the most complicated life issues — like divorce and child custody cases. When facing these circumstances, pain and fear can leave you searching for an advocate. Someone who cares about you and will fight on your behalf.
As a prior prosecutor, Kimberly is courtroom-tested to litigate the toughest cases. Yet her warmth and understanding has put client after client at ease.
Kimberly has represented many families, but also individuals, business owners, entrepreneurs, and other professionals. Because every case has unique needs, you and Kimberly work together to choose the right strategy to get the right outcome.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Kimberly has been nominated as a Super Lawyer by her peers every year since 2008. Only 5% of the lawyers in Illinois qualify as a Super Lawyer. She was also nominated to “The Top Women Attorneys in Illinois by “Chicago” Magazine.
Kimberly held the position as Chair over both the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Associations Family Law Section councils.
- Illinois, 1998, United States Supreme Court, 2002
- The John Marshall Law School, JD, with Honors 1998
- Elmhurst College, Bachelors of Science in Business, 1995
Law Related Activities
- American Bar Association 1996-2002
- Co-chair, Children and the Law 2000
- Association for Conflict Resolution-Member, 2003-2005
- CARPLS. Young Lawyers Board Member, 1999-2001
- Bar Attorney, Juvenile Court, 2001-2006
- Chicago Bar Association. 1998-2008
- Chair of the Chicago Bar’s Domestic Relations Committee, 2007-2008
- 17th Annual Moot Court Competition, Judge, 1998
- Member of the Adoption and Family Law Divisions, 2000-Present
- Chicago Bar-Chair-Matrimonial Subcommittee, Judiciary and the Court, 2002-2007
- Child Representative-Cook County, 2004-Present
- Criminal Justice Trial Competition, trial team member, 1998
- Coach for New Zealand, Canterbury School of Law, 1999
- Georgetown White Collar Crime Competition, Coach for the John Marshall Law School. 1998, 1999
Illinois Bar Association
- Assembly member, 2002-2006, 2007-Present
- Committee on Bar Services & Activities, 2000-2009 (Chair), 2008-2009
- Committee on Law Related Education for the Public, 2003-2011, (Chair) 2009-20010
- Committee on Women and the Law, 2000-2006
- Family Law Section Council, 2005-2011, Chair 2011-2012
- Forensic Forum member 2009-Present, President 2011-2012
- Recipient of the Illinois State Bar Assoc. Community Service Award, 2001
- Solo and Small Conference, Planning Member, 2007-2009
- Standing Committee on Bar Elections Supervision, 2002-2009
- Standing Committee on Judicial Evaluations-Cook County, 2002-2010
- Young Lawyers Board Member, 1999-2002
- Illinois LEARN Board of Directors, 2000-2009
- National Association of Counsel for Children, 1996-2002
- Women Everywhere, Partners and Service Project
- Board member, 1998-2008, President 2007
- Guest Speaker, Domestic Violence, Channel 21, December 2002
- Speaker, Child Support. “Law at the Library” seminar-CBA, 2003-2007
- Speaker, Triton College, Family law, April 10, 2001
- IICLE-Divorce Advocacy School, Developing Powerful Discovery Skills, 2001
- IICLE-Basic Skills-The New Attorney’s Introduction to the Effective Practice of Law April 7, 2008
- IICLE-Basic Skills, October 14-15, 2008
- IICLE-Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements, November 11 & November 21, 2008
- Speaker, Domestic violence issues, Rainbow House, 2000
- National Association of Counsel for Children, three day seminar. Training courses included Syndrome Evidence,
- Diagnostic Imaging in Infant Abuse, Domestic Violence and Psychiatric Testimony & and Mental Status, 1998
- Hot Topics in Domestic Violence, Speaker “Nuts and Bolts of Hearings on Civil Orders of Protection, September 8, 2006
- John Marshall Law School, Speaker, Issues for new attorneys, October 30, 2006
- Illinois State Bar, Speaker Cable program , “Abandoned baby and Adoptions” September 27, 2006
- Illinois State Bar, Speaker-“Passed the Bar, Now What?” August 22, 2008
- Hot Topics in Matrimonial Law, Chicago Bar Seminar, February 28, 2006
- The John Marshall Law School, Animal Law Issues in Family Law, 2006
Reviews from clients, respect from judges, referrals from other lawyers, and results in cases — if these are the best way to evaluate your future attorney, Janice Boback is a clear choice.
Her strong yet ethical approach has earned Janice a stellar reputation amongst judges and other lawyers. They have consistently described her as a zealous advocate, fierce litigator, respected professional, and compassionate supporter. She’s a lawyer other lawyers choose to represent them.
Always prepared. Thoroughly researched. Deep law knowledge. Clear and communicative. Results, results, results. These are how past clients have recapped their experiences with Janice.
Janice is regularly appointed by judges to represent children and members of the military, based on her years of experience in the unique domestic laws for each. Her expertise also includes complicated financial and property division in divorce cases.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Janice is a certified member of the Lawyers of Distinction, the fastest growing community of distinguished lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to the top 10% of attorneys in the country. Members are accepted based upon evaluations of an attorney’s qualifications, license, reputation, experience, and disciplinary history.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Admitted to Practice Law
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2011
- United States Supreme Court, 2007
- United State Federal Court, 1998
- Illinois, 1998
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. 1998
ACTIVITIES & SERVICE
- Chicago Bar Association Member
- Alumni Mentor, John Marshall Law School
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Committee
- Military Law Committee
ILLINOIS BAR ASSOCIATION
- Section Counsel for Attorney Regulation and Disciplinary Committee
- Section Counsel for Military Affairs
- Women in the Law Committee
Jessica C. Marshall is an Associate Attorney with Anderson & Boback. She primarily practices family law and also handles appellate work. Prior to joining Anderson & Boback in 2010, she worked at a boutique family law firm as a law clerk, where she gained substantial experience in client relations, negotiation, and financial analysis.
Jessica earned her law degree from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. During law school, Jessica completed a Judicial Externship with Judge Mark J. Lopez in the Domestic Relations Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County. Jessica earned her bachelor’s degree in Public Affairs and Legal Studies as well as a minor in music from Indiana University. During college, Jessica completed a prestigious summer program with a legal emphasis at the University of Oxford in England. Throughout college, Jessica also assisted in planning and coordinating philanthropy events benefitting Prevent Child Abuse America.
In September 2011, Jessica’s article entitled “Getting your first legal job: the necessity of networking” was published in the Illinois State Bar Association Standing Committee on Women and the law’s The Catalyst as well as YLDNews. In 2012, Jessica was interviewed on the Mike McConnell morning radio show on the topic of child custody.
In 2013, Jessica successfully helped the firm brief, argue and win an Appeal in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C. Subsequent to winning said Appeal, Jessica drafted and submitted a Brief in Opposition to Writ of Certiorari in the Supreme Court of the United States of America, which was also successful. In 2014, Jessica was invited to guest lecture at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago on the topic of pre-marital agreements. Jessica was ranked as an Avvo “Client’s Choice for 2014”, and has a rating of a 10.0-Superb, on Avvo.
Jessica has extensive experience in Military Family Law and the surrounding custody, financial and retirement issues that military members face. In fact, Jessica recently helped the firm successfully brief and win an Appeal in the First District Appellate Court regarding a military pension division issue.
Jessica currently is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and she is a committee member of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Standing Committee for Women and the Law. On this committee, Jessica serves as the co-editor of The Catalyst newsletter. Jessica’s articles have been featured in both the Catalyst newsletter, as well as the Newsletter for the Standing Committee on Legal Technology.
Jessica is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington, D.C.
- The John Marshall Law School, JD
- Indiana University, Public Affairs and Legal Studies
Alexandra Martinez is an associate attorney with extensive experience in matrimonial law matters such as maintenance, child support, division of complex marital property and debts, and contested cases regarding parenting issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Alexandra worked exclusively on family law matters at two other law firms where she gained experience in litigating complex divorce cases that required the intervention of therapists and other professionals.
Alexandra earned her Juris Doctorate from DePaul College of Law where she served as an editor for the Journal for Social Justice and was placed on the Dean’s List. Alexandra earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Northeastern Illinois University graduating Magna Cum Laude, where she majored in Political Science and double-minored in English Literature and Spanish Literature.
While in law school, Alexandra interned at several non-for-profit agencies representing victims of domestic violence and parents who were falsely accused in DCFS cases. Alexandra also participated in the immigration law clinic, and has studied abroad in Argentina and Costa Rica where she studied international human rights law.
In 2016, Alexandra was named to the National Advocate’s “Top 40 under 40” list in Family Law. Alexandra is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Chicago Bar Association and has published several articles on the Illinois State Bar Association’s Standing Committee for Women and the Law’s newsletter The Catalyst.
Alexandra is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Illinois, 1998, United States Supreme Court, 2002
- DePaul College of Law, JD, Dean’s List
- Northeastern Illinois University, Bachelors of Arts in Business, 1995
Nichol Broshous is an associate attorney with experience representing clients on pre-decree and post-decree family law matters, including divorce, division of property and debts, maintenance, allocation of parental responsibilities for decision-making and parenting time, parentage, and child support.
Prior to joining the firm, Nichol was employed with a South Suburban law office where she gained valuable courtroom experience.
Nichol earned her Juris Doctorate from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2013. She was a member of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society and was placed on the Dean’s List. During law school, Nichol volunteered at a legal clinic for a local non-for-profit organization. Prior to graduating, she was an extern at a family law office in Rockford, Illinois. Nichol earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in 2010 from Eastern Illinois University, where she majored in Political Science and double-minored in Pre-Law and Criminology.
Nichol is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association and the Woman’s Bar Association of Illinois.
Nichol is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois.
About Anderson & Boback
Anderson & Boback is a highly-respected, experienced Chicago, IL family law firm, skilled in negotiation and litigation. When divorce and other family law issues make your life chaotic and uncertain, you want your case resolved as quickly and fairly as possible. Anderson & Boback is a law firm that approaches each case and client as a person—with fears that need calmed and expectations for results that deserve to be met.
The firm is devoted to the practice of family law and specializes in adoptions, divorce (both civil and military), post decree actions, child support (in and out of state), visitation, custody, paternity, and pre-nuptial agreements.
Although the firm is primarily devoted to family law, at times the issues of a family law practice require the advice and representation for criminal complaints. We can assist on those matters, as well.
Through our honesty, efficiency, skillful negotiation and litigation experience, Anderson & Boback has earned a reputation in the legal community—the majority of our cases are referrals from other attorneys and legal resources.
Thorough preparation and aggressive negotiation
With a focus on thorough preparation and aggressive negotiation, Kimberly J. Anderson and Janice L. Boback are models of professionalism in family law. Our attorneys have deep knowledge of the many nuances of Illinois family law, which enables us to resolve cases faster than other firms. In the initial discovery phase, detailed plans of action make the steps that follow easier and quicker to resolve. It's strategic thinking at the beginning that lead to results.
Much of our success comes from being aggressive negotiators, when the situation demands it. In some cases, once you get aggressive on terms, things get done more quickly and a drawn out trial is less likely.
Experienced and effective litigators
It is less of a burden financially, emotionally, and physically to settle without going to trial. But when out-of-court negotiation does not work, our attorneys are tested litigators.
Broad, exceptional skills and knowledge
Kimberly Anderson excels in Illinois child custody issues. Ms. Anderson has training in collaborative law and has been appointed by the courts numerous times on cases involving adoption and other child-related issues. Ms. Boback's background in finance makes her a strong advocate in marital asset division and Illinois child support cases. The unique, complex laws of military divorce is another area of expertise for Ms. Boback.
Both attorneys serve as child representatives throughout Cook County.
Ease of stress and anxiety
We know how stressful and emotionally-draining divorce, child custody, and adoption can be. Often, the most challenging aspect of family law the heavy emotions that weigh on the people effected. Sometimes, a client just needs the comfort knowing someone is there for them, championing their cause. Because of this, our lawyers always keep open lines of communication between the clients and ourselves.
Need an advocate? Family law expert? Aggressive negotiator? Contact Anderson & Boback and talk through your case with us.
Kim is very professional and cared about your case. Always there when you need her. Thanks for all your hard work.
The new address is 115 South La Salle Street,26th Floor,Chicago,IL 60603
High quality service, professional and aggressive
I highly recommend Kimberly Anderson. She is knowledgeable, assertive, and experienced. What impressed me most about Kim is her dedication. I was able to reach her whenever there was a problem. She always responded immediately, proposed a solution, and put me at ease. The entire legal team at Anderson & Boback is superb.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||8:30am - 5:00pm|